Sunday, July 10, 2016

The Beach was Calling...

All week I have heard my name being whispered on the hot breezes blowing through the trees.  Today, I could ignore it no more.  I packed the cooler and beach chairs and my youngest and I headed to sand and the surf.  It has actually been a long time since we have been to this particular beach, as it held memories that I wasn't sure either of us would enjoy revisiting but all we found was freedom.  It was wonderful. 

We played in the waves and I only nearly drowned once (but managed to save my sunglasses from doom!) We ate Peanut Butter M&Ms and Sour Patch kids and we sat, sunned and watched the tide roll in with our feet in the water.  It was a good day...a very good day.  It was a day for counting blessings and smiling at the memories we made.  I am very blessed!


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by...leave a little of your sparkle before you go!